* I generally write using the pronouns he/him when referring to narcissists, but females are just as likely to be narcissists or exhibit narcissistic traits. So please don't think just because article uses the word him or he that it could not be a woman in that same role.
10 Personality Traits Of A Perfectionist
There are quite a few personality traits that make a person exhibit perfectionistic behaviors.
Here are 10 of the common traits of a perfectionist.
You are extremely competitive about almost everything.
You feel secretly judgmental of people who fall short of perfection.
You imagine others admire and value you only for your high level of achievement and production.
As a person you are not okay as you are.
No matter what you achieve, the feelings of satisfaction are temporary. There is always more to do, be, accomplish.
Things are either black or white- no vaguely defined area of in between or close enough. Things in your life are either right or wrong, good or bad success or failure
You believe that only by making everything perfect on the outside will you feel peace and serenity on the inside.
If you continually achieve, acquire and look good doing it, you will be successful and happy.
When things go wrong or you do not achieve at a certain level, you have failed.
Effort and intention are not enough. Results must be productive and successful. Focus is on product, not process.
It seems like being a perfectionist should lead to perfection, but so often the opposite is true.
If You Need A Crisis Hotline Or Want To Learn More About Therapy, Please See Below:
- RAINN (Rape, Abuse, and Incest National Network) – 1-800-656-4673
- The National Suicide Prevention Lifeline – 1-800-273-8255
- National Domestic Violence Hotline – 1-800-799-7233
- NAMI Helpline (National Alliance on Mental Illness) – 1-800-950-6264
For More Information On Mental Health, Please See:
- SAMHSA (Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration) SAMHSA Facebook, SAMHSA Twitter, SAMHSA LinkedIn, SAMHSA Youtube
- Mental Health America, MHA Twitter, MHA Facebook, MHA Instagram, MHA Pinterest, MHA Youtube
- WebMD, WebMD Facebook, WebMD Twitter, WebMD Instagram, WebMD Pinterest
- NIMH (National Institute of Mental Health), NIMH Instagram, NIMH Facebook, NIMH Twitter, NIMH YouTube
- APA (American Psychiatric Association), APA Twitter, APA Facebook, APA LinkedIN, APA Instagram