* I generally write using the pronouns he/him when referring to narcissists, but females are just as likely to be narcissists or exhibit narcissistic traits. So please don’t think just because article uses the word him or he that it could not a woman in that same role.
No matter how much he appears to be in love with you in the beginning, as soon as the chase is over and he thinks you are completley his, he is going to hate you.
The reasons for why he hates you are myriad but this is the normal reaction that most narcissists have. (normal for narcissists, no one else) These are some of the things that stand out:
- WEAKNESS: The fact that you fell for him makes you suspect. While he believes he is superior, he will believe you are really weak, stupid and not worthy of him.
- IMPERFECTIONS: No matter how attractive you were to him at first, he starts noticing imperfections. Your long hair gets in his face, your short hair is too masculine. You wear too much makeup or you don’t wear enough. If you aren’t perfect, he will start to hate you.
- CRITICISMS: Narcissists can’t take criticism. The things that you compliment him for become somehow twisted into criticism that you never meant that way. If you say “your new haircut looks nice” he will hear “your hair looked like shit before.” If you criticize him, he will hate you.
- LACK OF FINANCIAL SUPPORT: Narcissists believe that if you love them, you will give them whatever they want: gifts,rent, car payments, groceries, etc. When you balk about the amount of money you are spending, he will feel unloved snd will therefore hate you.
- BOREDOM: This is the thing that influences a narcissist more than anything. NOTHING and no one will ever be able to keep them excited for long. Sex, love, friends, sports, vacations, toys, cars, etc. It doesn’t matter. when the shine is off, boredom sets in and when you bore him, he is going to hate you.