* I generally write using the pronouns he/him when referring to narcissists, but females are just as likely to be narcissists or exhibit narcissistic traits. So please don't think just because article uses the word him or he that it could not be a woman in that same role.
I have made a collection of crazy stuff narcissists say directly from people who have been in relationships with narcissists or have a narcissistic parent. This is real life with a narcissist!
Crazy Stuff Narcissists Say – direct words from survivors.
Can’t you take a joke?
Your so ungrateful.
Of course I did, but maybe I can make you forget…?
I never said.
You must have understood me.
Yes, I know I just made you feel two inches tall, but why would you think you can call me out on that?
I was just trying to help.
Can’t we just move past that?
There you go, blaming me again.
I was manipulating you, but that’s not the point.
She is helping you see the truth about me, better remove her from your life.
Why don’t you take a look at yourself.
What are you even talking about?
You always take things so personally
I NEVER SAID THAT. WOW, the things you all accuse me of! It’s evil. I can’t believe this is happening to me.
You always twist my words around
I want your therapist’s number; I know you’re going just to talk bad about me and I want her to have MY perspective.
Are you crazy? I never said/did that.
You don’t have the RIGHT to be upset,
You think your depressed? You aren’t! I’m the one who should be depressed! I’ve had it worse than you!
I don’t remember doing that.
If you’re successful in life the credit is mine. If you’re a failure, you did that shit on your own
God how can you make this all about you?
I never said that. YOU said that/do this all the time.
Other people have it worse. All families are messed up in their own way.
You need a therapist. And I’m gonna make sure it’s not one of those who have any ‘confidentiality’. He better tell me what you’re saying.
Then the therapist told me that I was the one with the problem! Can you imagine?
Don’t you dare talk about me in therapy!! You don’t talk about me to ANYONE!
Shut the f*ck up! It’s only a broken leg. You really need to get your attitude under control. Everything doesn’t revolve around you!
You don’t have a right to privacy, I’m your mother/spouse/partner.
Child abuse?! What about mommy abuse?!! I should’ve had the police take you away years ago!
I’m sorry that you’re upset with me.
It was just a joke.
Go apologize to your mum because hitting you made her sad.
I hope you get a kid just like you so you know how this feels!
Just don’t let that therapist turn you against me!
When I WANT your opinion, I’ll GIVE it to you!
Don’t even think about cheating on me with your therapist.
I went through your phone messages and desktop messenger chat history because YOU WON’T TELL ME ANYTHING!
I’ll give you a reason to cry.
You can’t take criticism. You’re too sensitive.
Nobody ever bothers to visit me after they die.
If You Need A Crisis Hotline Or Want To Learn More About Therapy, Please See Below:
- RAINN (Rape, Abuse, and Incest National Network) – 1-800-656-4673
- The National Suicide Prevention Lifeline – 1-800-273-8255
- National Domestic Violence Hotline – 1-800-799-7233
- NAMI Helpline (National Alliance on Mental Illness) – 1-800-950-6264
For More Information On Mental Health, Please See:
- SAMHSA (Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration) SAMHSA Facebook, SAMHSA Twitter, SAMHSA LinkedIn, SAMHSA Youtube
- Mental Health America, MHA Twitter, MHA Facebook, MHA Instagram, MHA Pinterest, MHA Youtube
- WebMD, WebMD Facebook, WebMD Twitter, WebMD Instagram, WebMD Pinterest
- NIMH (National Institute of Mental Health), NIMH Instagram, NIMH Facebook, NIMH Twitter, NIMH YouTube
- APA (American Psychiatric Association), APA Twitter, APA Facebook, APA LinkedIN, APA Instagram